Labels

my photos (3) my poetry (10) quotes (18)

Friday, January 10, 2014

Where I'm At [all over the place]

I just wrote to Evergreen admissions asking about re-enrolling to get my BS. And have been looking at science classes, especially marine biology, and researching how to do whale research professionally.
I found the job that Terry Tempest Williams had in Finding Beauty in a Broken World, researching prairie dogs. Same job, same supervisor, same place. "The only requirement is that you have a passion for field research in behavioral ecology." What?!
I want to go to Peru, do natural building and permaculture, work with whales, work with wolves (and run with wolves), learn all about trees and plants and animals and fungi and how we all interconnect, and work together.
I want to be on the front lines of activism, sit in trees, dismantle infrastructure, stop the pipelines, the tar sands, the nuclear industry, mining etc. I want to sit in a cozy house and write a book. Poetry. I want to raise people's awareness about the products they use, the food they eat. I want to learn skills and trades.
I want to rock climb, hula hoop, and sing loudly.
I want to help my sister and uncle get well. I want to have community and support, elders and children and peers around me to teach me (and learn from me). I want to lead rites of passage. I want to do personal soul work and help others with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment