Labels

my photos (3) my poetry (10) quotes (18)

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mount Si wildfire.

Fire on the mountain. Smoky river valley. Wildfire reminds me to accept.

(Some things.)

I would rather lose trees this way than by the mindless expansion of sprawl. Why didn't everyone get all up in arms when they clear-cut the ridge for homes? Suburbanization is a wildfire, but worse. At least the fire knows to leave fertility in its wake.

Trust me, my heart breaks for the mountain too, but my heart has been breaking every day for years for all the things being burned that aren't in our backyards, or right in front of our eyes; the things that are hidden but are the direct fuel for the monstrosity of industrial civilization--people, animals, trees, places enslaved, mined, and burned for the convenience of our daily lives.

I am guilty if anyone is.
I too have been basking in ease of summer.

And well, this season, this year, feels like the first really summer of my life (of my mind) since childhood--finally feeling joyful and alive. Finally happy.
I deserve it.
But so do the people working in the sweatshops to make my fashion, the minerals manipulated into the tools of my passions.

I am finding peace
and the world burns.

How does this work?

Wildfire reminds me to accept.

(All things).

1 comment:

  1. love it.

    and happy for you about your happy summer. this was good to hear in light of our conversation earlier about this time/transition.

    ReplyDelete